He passed his secondary school certificate examination from science group in 1999 with star marks from Shah Wali Ullah Institute in Chittagong. In 2001, he excelled in his higher secondary certificate examination securing 18th position in the combined merit list from Chittagong College.
Later he got admitted to Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, the best university in Bangladesh for engineering study, to become a mechanical engineer. Brilliant results in his study for bachelor degree in Mechanical engineering made it easy for him to get scholarship to do masters by research in Swinburne University of Technology,Melbourne, one of the fastest growing research universities in Australia. Excellent research performances allowed him continue his research for PhD degree.
Now he is doing research in the area of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), MineralsProcessing and Metallurgy for PhD degree titled ” Computational fluid dynamic modeling of zinc fuming bath in Top Submerged Lance smelting furnace”.
His research performances and potential are evident from his list of publications:
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “CFD Modelling of Swirl and Non-swirl gas Injections Into Liquid Baths Using Top Submerged Lances”. Metallurgical and Materials Transactions B, 2010, vol 41(1), pp. 35-50
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “A Computational Fluid Dynamic Modelling study of slag fuming in Top Submerged Lance Smelting Furnace” in World Congress on Engineering. London, UK, 30th June- 2nd July, 2010.
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “CFD Modelling of Gas Injections in Top Submerged Lance Smelting” in TMS Annual General Meeting. San Francisco, California,USA, 15-19 February, 2009, pp. 95-102.
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “CFD Modelling of Top Submerged Lance Gas Injection”, in High Temperature Processing Symposium, Melbourne, Australia, 9 February, 2009
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “Combustion Modelling of Top Submerged Lance furnace by using CFD tool”, in High Temperature Processing Symposium, Melbourne, Australia, 8-9 February, 2010, ISBN 978-0-9806708-0-6
- N. Huda, J. Naser, G. Brooks, M.A. Reuter, and R. Matusewicz: “Applications of CFD Modelling in Metallurgical Process Industries”, in 15th Biennial Computational Techniques and Applications Conference (CTAC 2010), Sydney, Australia, 28thNovembar – 1st Decembar, 2010.
Not only a good researcher but also a very good presenter and speaker, Nazmul won Certificate of Merit Award in World Congress on Engineering (WCE), 2010, Imperial College, London, UK.
Motto as a researcher
Research is not just his profession but passion to serve humanity. He wants to dedicate himself to research to serve the humanity.
For further Information and contact with Nazmul visit